- 3 – 4 large everything bagels, thinly sliced, then cut into 2-inch-long pieces (about 6 cups)
- 12 slices bacon (12 oz.) , chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Arrange bagel pieces in a single layer, and bake for 15 minutes. Flip bagel pieces over, and continue baking, 15 minutes more. Remove from oven and let cool, increasing oven temperature to 375.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, stirring often. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Add onion to bacon fat, and cook until soft, about five minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer onions to bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the broth and the eggs; season. Add the bagel pieces, bacon, onion and parsley; toss to combine. Let stand, tossing occasionally, for 15 minutes. Transfer to a greased shallow 2 1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake until the top is browned, about 45 minutes.
Adapted from a recipe by Rachel Ray