I’ve already had four of these banana applesauce muffins today. I don’t know if it’s me – because I’m ravenous all the time – or because these muffins are wonderful.
You probably have all the ingredients on hand. Borrow an egg from a neighbor if you’re out. Does anyone do that anymore? It’s such a quaint custom.
Mash up the bananas with your fingers and cut back on the sugar a bit, if you want. I’m going back to the kitchen for another one.
Once this is all gone, I may revisit the blueberry pie that has become famous in these parts.
Enjoy the recipe and leave a comment for me on how they turned out for you!Print
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash bananas and mix in sugar.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, until the flour is just incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins (I like this non stick one) and bake for approximately twenty minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve up to family and friends, or eat them yourself!
- Serving Size: 3-4