- 5 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/3 cup beer of choice (pale ale works well)
- 3/4 cups milk
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fry bacon, let cool and crumble. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized sauce pan melt butter over low to medium heat. Whisk in corn starch until just incorporated.
- Immediately add beer and then milk. Make sure that you are constantly whisking as you add the liquids so that the cornstarch mixture doesn’t burn and stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Bring mixture up to a low simmer and add cheeses and garlic powder. Cook until the cheese is fully melted.
- Transfer the cheese sauce to an oven safe dish, top with bacon and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Broil until cheese on top is melted. Serve with bread or chips.