- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sticks cold butter, in pieces
- 1 oz molasses
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flour, both sugars, baking soda, cornmeal, and cocoa powder. Add vanilla extract and butter. Then pour in molasses; mix until the dough comes together. Form dough into a log, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Slice dough in 1/2 inch rounds; cut each round in half, roll into a ball and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, pressing lightly with the heel of your hand. Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet.