- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground coffee
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 2-lb flank steak
- Vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine spices. Pat meat dry, then rub lightly with vegetable oil. Cover the meat in the seasoning rub, patting gently. Put on a plate, and refrigerate for up to an hour (but no longer).
- Preheat a grill to high. Drizzle both sides of steak with oil, then grill, about 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a cutting board, cover, and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.