- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 sticks imitation crab meat, minced (or 2 ounces fresh crab meat)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 20 wonton wrappers
- Peanut oil, for deep frying
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, crab meat, powdered sugar, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- For each piece, place a teaspoon of the filling onto the center of a wonton wrapper. Moisten all four edges (a small bowl of water next to your work area is great for dipping a finger), then fold in half diagonally.
- Fold the other two corners up to the center, then pinch the intersection of all corners (and the seams) to form a tight seal.
- In a saucepan or deep fryer, heat oil to 350 degrees. Fry a few at a time until golden brown, and drain on paper towels. Let cool for a few minutes before diving in, or you risk third-degree cream cheese burns which are both painful and humiliating.