- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 pound), halved horizontally
- 1/2 quart buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, plus more for serving
- 8 slices Sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 big sprigs fresh dill
- Combine chicken , buttermilk, Kosher salt, pepper, curry, cumin, and turmeric in a large resealable plastic bag, seal, and turn to coat. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Combine celery, fennel, sour cream, lemon juice, celery seeds, and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Set slaw aside.
- Grill chicken until cooked through, 5–7 minutes per side. Brush bread on both sides with oil and grill until toasted, about 2 minutes per side; spread with mayonnaise. Build sandwiches with bread, chicken, slaw, onion, and fresh dill.
Adapted from a recipe by Bon Appetit.