For the cake:
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup blackberry (or your favorite) jam
For the topping:
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a bundt pan liberally with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, and baking powder. In medium mixing bowl or saucepan combine melted butter, eggs, milk, and nutmeg.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry. Pour half the batter into prepared bundt pan and use a rubber spatula to spread up the sides. Use your fingers to dollop in a stripe of jam all the way around the cake, careful not to touch the sides of the pan.
- Spread the rest of the batter evenly over the jam. Bake 50-55 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. Cool cake in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Brush with melted butter and dust with cinnamon-sugar.
Adapted from a recipe by Hungry Girl por Vida