- 1 medium-sized eggplant
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil, for frying
- Peel eggplant and slice into 3/4 inch sticks. In a shallow bowl combine flour and seasoning. In a deep pot heat oil over medium-high until it reaches 360 degrees. Fry eggplant in small batches, about 2 minutes, until deep golden brown. Use a skimmer to turn and remove from oil, depositing onto paper, then moving to a baking rack. Sprinkle with kosher salt while they’re hot and serve.
Adapted from a recipe on The Hungry Mouse.