- 1–1/2 pounds of ground lamb
- 1 bunch of Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Kaiser or hamburger rolls
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Mezzetta Everything Spread (Olive, Garlic, and Parmesan)
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 cucumber, shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 4 thick slices feta cheese
- 2 cups washed arugula
- In a bowl, combine ground lamb, garlic, and parsley. Mix well to combine, then divide equally into four bun-sized burger patties. Press into the middle of each one with the palm of your hand, leaving an indentation so that the burgers won’t inflate and shrink as they cook. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and Mezzetta Everything Spread. Stir well and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet over high heat, warm olive oil until it almost starts to smoke. Cook burgers for three minutes per side, or until brown and well-crusted. Remove from pan and allow to rest while you prepare the burgers.
- For each burger, spread both sides of bun with Mezzetta and mayo blend. Top bottom bun with a slice of onion, followed by the shaved cucumbers. Top with a lamb burger patty, then a slice of feta, a half a cup of arugula, then the top half of the bun. Serve immediately.