- 1 20.8 ounce package of ground turkey
- 6 sweet Italian sausages
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup plain Panko-style breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- Remove the casings from the sausages and in a large bowl mix turkey, sausage meat, garlic powder, basil, Parmesan, breadcrumbs, and lightly beaten eggs. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Form mixture into 2 inch balls, making 20-25 meatballs, depending on the size of the sausages used.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over med heat. Brown the outside of the meatballs and transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover the tops of the meatballs with your favorite marinara. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until there is no longer any pink when you cut a meatball in half.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.