- 2 ounces dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 pound button mushrooms
- 1/2 pound baby portobello mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 3 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian smoked paprika
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 14.5 ounce can low sodium chicken broth
- 1.5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 tablespoons sour cream
- In a measuring cup or bowl, cover porcini mushrooms with 1 cup of boiling water. Set aside until mushrooms rehydrate and soften, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove stems from button mushrooms, and finely chop. Slice caps. Remove porcinis from soaking liquid with a slotted spoon, pressing out excess liquid, and finely chop. Set aside the soaking liquid.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add olive oil and onions. Cook until onions soften, about 3 minutes. Add pancetta and cook, about 3 minutes more. Add paprika and cook until very fragrant, about 2 minutes. Increase heat to high, and add all the mushrooms. Cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms begin to release liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine, reserved porcini soaking liquid (pouring slowly to avoid adding all the dirt and chach in the bottom of the bowl), chicken broth, 2 cups of water, and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with a dollop of sour cream in each bowl.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 748
- Fat: 13
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Protein: 10
- Cholesterol: 19