- (2) 1.5 pound live Maine lobsters
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or other hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large stock pot, bring an inch of salted tap water to a boil. Add lobster and steam, covered, until shells are deep red, about 10 minutes. If pot boils over, leave lid off a crack to allow some steam to escape.
- Let cool, then crack shells and pick lobster meat, including tails, claws, and knuckles. Tear or chop lobster meat into small pieces, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, shallots, garlic, horseradish, Worcestershire, cayenne, Sriracha, salt, and pepper. Add lobster meat, and mix well to combine.
- Transfer to a glass baking dish, and put in the refrigerator to chill for at least two hours.
- To cook, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook, uncovered, about 25 minutes, or until lobster dip is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with bread, crackers, vegetables, or right off your finger.
- Serving Size: 4-6