- 4 thick slices of crusty bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 8 oz small wild mushrooms, halved or roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 oz fresh mozzarella, pulled into half inch pieces
- Rub bread with olive oil and garlic. Broil until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- In an oven-safe deep skillet, melt butter with herbs over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms, seasoned with salt and pepper, about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat. Cover with pieces of mozzarella and broil, 4-5 minutes until melted. Serve immediately with garlic toast.
Adapted from a recipe by Donna Hay