A traditional and authentic Mexican chocolate cake recipe with a dash of cinnamon plus chili powder and simple to follow instructions.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare bundt pan with baking spray and flour.
- In a large pot over low heat, melt butter. Whisk in cocoa powder, coffee and almond extract.
- Remove pot from the heat. Add eggs, sugar, Greek yogurt, and vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, chipotle, and salt.
- Sift dry ingredients into the batter and stir until just combined. Batter may be lumpy.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan and bake, 45-55 minutes, until a cake tester comes out with crumbs.
- Cool cake in the pan, 20 minutes.
- Turn over onto a large plate and top with syrup, if you like. Whipped coffee cream would be good, too.