- 1 lb medium shrimp, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning, divided
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 avocado, cubed or mashed
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add shrimp, and 2.5 tablespoons of Old Bay seasoning. Cook until shrimp turn opaque and float, about seven minutes. Drain and peel shrimp, then coarsely chop and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining Old Bay Seasoning, celery, onion, mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, and lime juice. Add shrimp and mix well. Toss with avocado and chill for at least an hour. Serve with freshly cracked pepper on beds of lettuce or piled onto sandwich rolls.