- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Peel of one lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick, snapped in half
- 2 peaches, ripe but firm
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 heaping tablespoon powdered sugar
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat combine all ingredients except peaches. Bring to a simmer.
- Slice peaches in half width-wise, remove the pit, and add them to the poaching liquid. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cook 7-8 minutes.
- Remove peaches to a plate with a slotted spoon. Allow them to cool for a few minutes then carefully peel the skin. Turn up the heat on the poaching liquid, remove lemon peel and cinnamon stick and reduce until it is a light syrup, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream/sugar. Serve half of a peach, drowning in syrup, with a dollop of whipped cream, and a sprig of mint, room temperature or chilled.