- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 10 cups egg bread, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Caramel sauce, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a deep baking dish with butter. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together everything but the bread. Then, toss bread cubes in batter. Gently pour into prepared baking dish, and let sit for 15-30 minutes. Bake 35-40 minutes. Drizzle with caramel sauce and serve warm.
A note about caramel sauce: You can certainly make your own, but this whole endeavor was inspired by a jar of cajeta, which is a Mexican caramel sauce, that I bought at Maine Street Meats.