- 1 3-4 pound pork shoulder
- 1 ½ cups apple cider
- ½ cup Maine maple syrup
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Combine all ingredients, except for the BBQ sauce, in a crock pot set to low. Let cook on low for at least 6-7 hours. It can be left longer if you have it cooking while you’re gone.
- Once the roast is done, remove from crock pot and shred using two forks.
- In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups of juice from the crock pot with 1 cup BBQ sauce. Bring mixture to a boil for two minutes.
- Pour over shredded pork and serve.