- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1 can chopped green chilies (4.5 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Flour tortillas
- Refried beans
- A handful of chopped cilantro
- Grated Cotija cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a saute pan. Add mushrooms, and salt and pepper, to taste. Saute until mushrooms soften and begin to brown.
- In a separate cast iron skillet or saute pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add chopped onions.
- When onions begin to soften, add crumbled chorizo sausage, garlic, cumin, black pepper, cayenne (optional) and green chilies, including liquid.
- Chop and work the chorizo with the edge of a spatula, until all large pieces are broken up.
- Stir and simmer over medium heat until all liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- After liquid has evaporated, turn heat to high, and allow chorizo mixture to crisp, stirring and flattening in pan every minute.
To assemble tacos: Spread approximately 1 tablespoon of refried beans onto warmed tortillas. Add chorizo mixture, and then mushrooms. Top with cotija cheese, chopped cilantro, and squeeze with lime immediately before serving.