- 10 pieces of bacon, cut crosswise into small strips
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 8 oz brick of cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic sauce (toum)
- 1 16 oz container fresh baby spinach
- 1 6.5 oz jar artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 baguette
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large skillet cook bacon pieces over medium heat, 8-10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove to a paper towel, reserving 1 tablespoon bacon fat in the pan. Add onion and cook until softened, 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the flour and cook, 1 minute. Add cream cheese, milk, sour cream, garlic sauce, spinach, and artichoke hearts to the pan. Turn down the heat and work the mixture together until the spinach is wilted and everything is incorporated. Season with nutmeg and cayenne. Stir in parmesan cheese and bacon. Spread into a baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes then move to the broiler to brown the top. Allow the dish to stand 5-10 minutes before serving with sliced baguette.