- 1 hero sandwich roll
- 1/4 cup leftover creamed spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup leftover sautéed mushrooms
- 6–8 thin slices of leftover steak
- 3 slices cambozola cheese
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Split roll lengthwise, and spread bottom with leftover creamed spinach, and top with whole grain mustard. Set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until onions soften. Add leftover mushrooms, and cook, stirring, until mixture is heated through. Add sliced steak, and toss well to combine, heating until meat is warmed through, but cooks as little as possible.
- Transfer slices of steak to roll, on top of the creamed spinach. Top with sliced cambozola, followed by onion and mushroom mixture. Let rest for 2-3 minutes to allow cheese to melt and flavors to combine, and serve.