- 4 bone-in pork chops,
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, torn into 1” pieces
- Season chops all over with salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine vinegar, honey, and butter. Stir to combine, and simmer until reduced by about half. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet over high heat, heat olive oil until nearly smoking. Add pork chops to skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until brown on both sides, about 8 minutes total. Brush with honey mixture, and continue cooking, flipping and brushing each side with the mixture, until coating caramelizes and becomes shiny. Transfer to plate and top with rosemary.
Adapted from a recipe by Saveur.