- 1 lb tagliatelle pasta
- 3 tablespoone extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 oz thick-sliced smoked ham, trimmed of excess fat, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 cup cooked fresh or frozen peas
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions start to turn translucent, about five minutes. Add garlic and cook on e minute more. Add the butter, ham and peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes more. Reduce the heat to very low to keep warm.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot. Add the sauce and the salt and pepper. Toss the pasta, adding enough of the pasta water to make a light sauce. Serve hot.