- 2 chicken breasts
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup chopped honey roasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup diced red grapes
- ½ cup feta
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 loaf hearty Italian bread
- Place chicken breasts in small bowl with lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse pecans until you have a fine pecan powder. In another small bowl, mix together pecan powder, mayonnaise and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Thinly slice onions. Cover the bottom of a thick-bottomed skillet with olive oil and heat over low heat. Add onions and cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until onions caramelize and become sweet, about 20 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and cook chicken breasts. Cook time will vary according to the thickness of the breasts.
- In a final small bowl combine diced red grapes, crumbled feta and caramelized onions.
- Slice bread to the size of your chicken breasts. Cover the top piece of the bread with half of the mayo mixture. Feel free to double the mayo recipe if you’re a mayo fan! Layer the chicken with ½ grape mixture to finish the sandwich.