- 1 large garlic bulb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3–4 ounces (or more) of cheese (bleu, goat, and brie are all good choices)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove a few layers of the skin around the garlic bulb, leaving enough that the individual cloves still hold together.
- Cut in half, crosswise. Place each half of the garlic in the openings in a muffin tin, and drizzle cut surfaces with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake until garlic begins to brown, about 30 minutes.
- Remove foil from pan and return to oven.
- Add cheese to an oven safe dish, and cook alongside garlic until cheese is almost melted and garlic is brown, about 10 minutes more.
- Scoop garlic from cloves and serve with bread and warm cheese.